Antares Releases AVOX 2 Vocal Toolkit Bundle
Antares has released AVOX 2, the second coming of the Antares Vocal Toolkit for Mac and PC. Building on the power of the original AVOX plug-in bundle, AVOX 2 adds an additional five state-of-the-art vocal processing modules, including Harmony Engine Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator, to give musicians, producers, and engineers everything they need to memorable vocal tracks at the same price as the original AVOX.
AVOX 2 Features:
• Harmony Engine Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator: A real-time harmony generating plug-in that puts professional-quality harmony arrangements within reach of any songwriter, producer, musician or engineer. The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
• MUTATOR Extreme Voice Designer: Mutator provides a combination of tools for creating unusual, weird, or downright wacky voices. With high-quality pitch shifting, throat modeling, pitch-tracking ring modulator-based “mutation,” and a mind-bending Alienization function, Mutator is the perfect tool for unique special vocal effects and post- production sound design.
• ARTICULATOR Vocal Formant and Amplitude Modeler: The alien offspring of a vocoder and a modern-day version of the venerable talk box, Articulator lets a user extract the formant and amplitude information from a vocal (or other dynamic source) and apply it to any other audio track. Perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, and a wide range of special effects.
• Warm Tube Saturation Generator: Based on Antares Tube plug-in, Warm warms up vocals with Antares’ tube modeling technology, while being so processing-efficient that the company claims it can be used on every track in a project with negligible impact on CPU usage.
• ASPIRE Aspiration Noise Processor: Aspire is the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content. Whether reducing a bit of vocal rasp or adding a bit of smokiness, Aspire allows the modification of the amount and quality of a voice’s aspiration noise (the component of every voice that’s the result of air passing over the vocal chords) without otherwise affecting the vocal’s harmonic characteristics.
Antares’ AVOX 2 costs $599. Upgrades from the original AVOX or AVOX AT (Native or TDM) to AVOX 2 will set you back $199. AVOX 2 authorization unfortunately requires an iLok USB smart key. It is available for Macintosh in the RTAS, VST, and Audio Units flavors; for PC in the RTAS and VST formats. More information on Antares AVOX 2 bundle.