Backline Engineering Releases RiffBox – Audio Looping App
Backline has debuted RiffBox, an audio looping app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Become a one-man band, capture a musical idea or practice your beatboxing skills. By detecting repeated notes or rhythm patterns that you play or sing, RiffBox uses patented technology to automatically recognize and create perfectly timed loops.
Change the loop length by timing them to notes or chords that you play. An unlimited number of layers can be added to create complex musical passages. Store your music in a loop library and e-mail loops as WAV files, or download basic rhythm loops from the web. RiffBox offers many exciting looping features.
There are multiple ways you can create a basic loop:
– Based on the number of notes or chords played
– Starting after you play the same note for a second time
– Recognizing rhythm patterns to determine the loop you are playing
– Recognizing note sequences to determine the loop you are playing
– Press a button and manual mode starts looping on the very next note
– Restrict the frequency range of notes or rhythms that are recognized
– Automatically create click-tracks as the basis for your loops
– Download basic rhythm loops such as drum patterns from the web
Once you’ve created your loop:
– Record and mix 4 additional audio layers at a time
– Use the mixdown function to add an unlimited number of audio layers
– Change the loop length timed to the audio ‘events’ that are part of the loop
– E-mail the base loop or all loop layers as WAV files
More information on the Backline RiffBox.