112dB Releases Big Blue Limiter For Mac & PC
112dB has released the Big Blue Limiter, a tube-modelling limiter plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X. Big Blue Limiter is a character limiter, meaning it is not transparent. In fact, 112dB claims it “adds a little mojo to everything you run through it, even when no limiting is taking place.” Big Blue Limiter uses analog tube modelling in its limiting circuitry, which makes any tone warmer and fatter with coloration. And as if that weren’t enough it also features an independent preamp that just loves to be overdriven.
1. Variable-knee limiting with proprietary tube modelling.
2. Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
3. User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
4. A/B compare mode with automatic level compensation.
5. Low CPU load.
6. Support for sample rates up to 384kHz.
7. Full parameter automation.
8. Native 32 and 64-bit versions (Windows).
112dB’s Big Blue Limiter is available now in the RTAS/AS/VST/AU flavors for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6, and costs $99 / €99. An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available. More information on 112dB Big Blue Limiter.