MOTU Officially Announces Digital Performer 7
MOTU has officially announced Digital Performer 7, their DAW which lets you record, edit, arrange, mix, process and master audio and MIDI tracks side by side for songwriting, studio production, live performance, film and television sound tracks, audio post production, surround mixing and other professional audio production tasks.
Digital Performer 7 offers new features, enhanced operation and improved performance at all levels, from hundreds of small enhancements driven by user requests to major new features and plug-ins that add unprecedented value.
– Custom ’59 – A meticulously detailed guitar amp emulator modeled after all-time classics from Fender and Marshall.
– Live Room | G – A superb physical modeling speaker cabinet emulator with four mixable mics (close, near and far) and 3-band EQ per mic.
– Guitar pedals – A new suite of stunningly accurate classic guitar pedals modeled after all-time favorites from Boss, Ibanez & others.
– Inline EQ & dynamics – Control DP’s multi-band graphic EQ and vintage dynamics processing directly in each Mixing Board channel.
– Channel Strip – Gain instant access to all mixer channel settings for the track you are working on in any Editor window.
– Lead sheets – Create and print lead sheets, complete with lyrics and transposable chord symbols.
Additional DP7 new features include:
– Freely resizable Counter – Resize the Counter window to any size you wish, even the entire width of your screen.
– Marker Counter – Display markers in large type in the resizable Counter window. Use markers as a teleprompter for lyrics during live performance or recording sessions.
– Consolidated V-Racks – Display V-Rack virtual instruments and effects side by side with disk tracks in the Mixing Board.
– Lyrics – Type in lyrics directly below notes on the QuickScribe page. Or paste them into the Lyric window from your word processor and flow them into a track with one click.
– Transposable chord symbols – Add complex chord symbols directly on the page and transpose them at any time, together with or independently from notes.
– QuickScribe notation enhancements – Numerous enhancements give you even more control over the look of your score and help speed your notation workflow.
– Support for Pro Tools 8 – Industry-leading support for operation as a complete software front-end for Pro Tools | HD systems.
– Info Bar mixer controls – Get instant access to mixer channel settings in any editor window that follow the track you’re working on.
– Next-generation sample rate conversion – A new ultra-fast, CPU-efficient sample rate conversion algorithm delivers increased precision, efficiency, and transparency, with an astonishing 138 dB signal-to-noise ratio.
– Real-time crossfades – All crossfades are now computed in real time for lightning fast edits.
– Wave64 support – Support for the industry standard Wave64 extension to the Broadcast WAVE file format lets you record and import audio files larger than 4GB.
– Range automation modes – Raise, lower or write automation moves within any selected range, preserving everything before and after.
– Audio Units instrument side chains – Route side chain inputs to all your favorite third-party Audio Units plug-ins.
More information on Digital Performer 7.